Tuesday, April 29, 2014

30 Day Challenge or what I like to call "I have to exercise every day?"

Hey Ya'll I've decided to join up with a 30 day fitness challenge with a couple of great ladies.
My weight has been an issue for me for about four years now, ever since we started makin babies. When I was young I was a ballet dancer and had some opposite weight issues if you know what I mean. That's a post for another day.
The real issue that I need to get a handle on is my relationship with food. I'm a binge eater on occasion. I'm also an emotional eater. I can't tell you how much I ate while my son was in the hospital. Did you know that at Vanderbilt you can get 3 pancakes as big as your head for $3? I know that all too well. 
Two summers ago I was in the best shape of my life from doing barre workouts and one of their bootcamps. However, since our circumstances have changed we can't afford all that jazz anymore. That shit works but damn it's expensive! I have to work out on my own at home and it's not so bad and no one has to see me sweatin to the oldies, except for the ginger of course. I've been able to locate tons of free workouts on the internet and I run pretty often. My poor neighbors have to see my big booty trotting through the neighborhood on the regular.
What do I want to get out of this challenge?
  1. To get back into my clothes that don't fit. I LOVE clothes and I miss wearing so much of what I have because it simply doesn't fit or doesn't look good once it's on.
  2. To feel better. I'm so damn tired all the time.
  3. To look better. Um can you say bikini season?

What are my daily goals over the next 30 days?
  1. Drink 100 oz of water every day- just get me a diaper, ok?
  2. No fast food
  3. No soda or sweet tea (house wine of the south ya'll!)
  4. Tons of protein and veggies and fruits
  5. Activity every day! This is not hard since I literally chase the ginger all over the place all day long.                             
So there it is! This challenge starts May 1st and I'm ready for it :) 
I've linked up the fab ladies who are running this challenge below. They're fab! You should check out their blogs.
On a completely unrelated note, why has my toddler started gesturing with hands so much when he talks? He looks like an extra from The Godfather right now.

camobutton 


--Cassie :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Girl yes! I just saw where I have to give up dairy and I cried inside. Today I'm going to eat all the cheese!

      Delete