Monday, September 22, 2014
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Saturday, May 17, 2014
2. People forget how to dress themselves. I understand being in your pjs on the floor at night but not in the cafeteria. Throw on some sweats. I once saw a chick in a long t shirt and her underwear at Vanderbilt. Nothing like seeing some booty to wake you right up.
3. Random people want to know what's wrong with your kid so they can determine if theirs is more sick than yours. I call it having a sick off. I once had a woman tell me her child's liver made him (and I quote) "retarded". Is that even possible?
4. People steal. My iPod was stolen during our last round at Vanderbilt. I suspect the heifer next door but hell I guess it could have been anyone.
5. There's always one kid in the playroom that wants to be up in your grill, they are usually the contagious one.
6.I once saw a guy with his daughter playing and I noticed he had a teardrop tattoo on his face. Good for him for being in the hospital with his kid but doesn't that mean he's killed someone?
7. No privacy. It's really hard to go to the potty since every time you turn around someone is walking in your room.
Friday, May 16, 2014
We made it and the ginger has already had his first procedure. Upper and lower endoscopy. Fun times.
Nothing new to report other than they are going to put in an ng tube to start formula feeds. He just Barfed, not a good sign.
How about this, yesterday the hospital was locked down because "someone was dropped in the circle". A nurse quite calmly explained that means that someone dropped off their shot up, stabbed up or dead homie in front of the hospital. Time for some new friends dude. I'd like to think that my friends would at least plop me in the er in a chair before they peaced out.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Let me say that Sesame Street has gotten quite cheeky lately. I just looked up because I heard Bert of Bert and Ernie say that he is reading "50 Shades of Beige". Well played Sesame Street. Well played.
Thursday, May 8, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
|The Ginger calls this his juice, it's his intravenous nutrition.|
|One of the Ginger's pumps, he uses two.|
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Monday, May 5, 2014
|The Ginger checking out the little fish and bullfrog tadpoles, those things are huge!|
Thursday, May 1, 2014
|These were shot at Folly Beach, SC near Charleston. LOVE IT THERE! If you go, hit up Taco Boy.|
|This is Folly Pier on Folly Beach|
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Pinterest has to be the most EPIC timesuck ever invented. A few years ago when it first came about I was still a yearbook adviser and we had to ban it for the yearbook staff. They would literally just sit and scroll through the Everything page for hours and hours not getting anything done. I'd never experienced anything quite like it. Some of those kids needed a 12 step program to quit. Cold turkey was hard for them. Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some Pinterest. I am a member and you can find me HERE. I sometimes just sit and scroll and feel like I can be the best, craftiest, skinniest, and most organized mom ever! Then I wake up.
Here's my fave cray over there.
|Yup those are pallet house plans. Get crackin!|
|Of course you can monogram your hunting rifle. Let me get my Cricut warmed up!|
|This is a link to a hair tutorial for Elsa hair. You never know when you might need an epic side braid!|
|The UniPac tattoo is pretty epic.|
Tuesday, April 29, 2014
- To get back into my clothes that don't fit. I LOVE clothes and I miss wearing so much of what I have because it simply doesn't fit or doesn't look good once it's on.
- To feel better. I'm so damn tired all the time.
- To look better. Um can you say bikini season?
- Drink 100 oz of water every day- just get me a diaper, ok?
- No fast food
- No soda or sweet tea (house wine of the south ya'll!)
- Tons of protein and veggies and fruits
- Activity every day! This is not hard since I literally chase the ginger all over the place all day long.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Have you ever felt so stupid you wanted to disappear? I had one of those moments this morning. Long story short we've never been able to get our lights over our garage to work. We've lived here 5 years and no lights over the garage, ever.
This past week I had another electrical issue so I called in my favorite handyman, Eric from the Good News Guys, come out to work on that and look into our lighting issue. This is an awesome group of guys that donate a portion of their earnings to do mission work. I also feel safe having them in my house when it's just me and the ginger.
So he fixes the other issue and starts in on the lights. He took the light fixtures off and looked at those and still couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then he mentioned to me that maybe the switch at the front door isn't the one for those fixtures. I was like, WTF? Why wouldn't the switch at the front door work the outside lights over the garage?
|Front door switch...why doesn't this work my lights over my garage???|
|I had no idea these switches were even there...geeze.|
|YAY! Yeah ignore my house number all falling off and shit, nothing a little Gorilla Glue won't fix.|
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Monday, April 21, 2014
Today was our normal routine, PT then nurse. One thing was different though, today was Jack's first day with 8 hours off his TPN pumps! It's a big deal since he's been on 20 hour days since October. We were very excited to go out and celebrate so we had planned an trip to the zoo. I get the ginger in the car, I jump in and what do you know but my car won't start. I had left a door slightly open and drained the battery overnight. Awesome. I can't wait to explain this to my husband when he gets home, and deal with somehow getting his car close enough to mine in the garage to jump it off since mine won't change gears when the battery is dead. Yup, you read that right, I can't even put it in neutral and back her up.
I assume you understand how a toddler reacts to not being able to go to the zoo when he's been told all morning that after the nurse leaves we get to leave. Meltdown level- GINGER! The upside of this is that he took a nice late nap, hence I'm blogging right now instead of chasing a toddler through the house.
So my advice on this lovely Monday is to be sure your car doors are closed before you hit the hay tonight.
Saturday, April 19, 2014